Monday, April 04, 2011

Sleepless in New York

Desperate Housewives: Dishbrothersidekick and I moaned about wanting Teri Hatcher to die on the show but thanks to Paul Young doing an about-face and crying like a girl, she'll get the freaking kidney and continue to revile us all! She's ruined my life now three times. Has anyone seen the new Dana Delaney show?

When I heard about Snooki making 32K for spilling out of her dress, I thought, "How pathetic is Rutgers University?" Students must pay a mandatory fee for someone who is--yes, kind of adorable--but completely without talent? I then did a mental survey of famous people and so many lack talent. The administration of Rutgers should be ashamed. Maybe they'll bring in Charlie Sheen.

Dish suffers from vicious insomnia. It started when I hit double-digits, keeping one eye open in case a villain came to stab me in the night. At 35, like this was a magic age, I'd go three nights without more than 2 hours of sleep. I know when I wake up crying, I need to stop the world for a day. Usually on that day, something will buoy my spirits. Like today, I walked into the West Side Market and heard Duran Duran's "Save a Prayer" over the loudspeaker. God has spoken. Maybe tonight I'll sleep...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ms Dish, You are one lucky person to have TG, as you describe him. Go to sleep and STOP this.