Friday, November 09, 2012

When Did the News Become an Op Ed?

I can't watch most news shows anymore--except Anderson and Wolf Blitzer and I don't know why. Maybe it's all the white hair reminds me of Santa Claus. But Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann (when he was on TV), Don Lemon, Jack Cafferty do long ultra-smirky monologues that compel me to turn in another direction. I agree with everything Rachel Maddow says, just the delivery makes me flip the channel. I watch Fox news and their rants are not so eloquent, therefore I can listen and quietly make fun of them. Nightly news is okay, I guess. Just give me the facts. No flourish, no ironic lilt, no outrage. The liberals are erudite, yet exceedingly self-righteous to me. I listen and want to stomp on flowers, use too much power, just to add balance to the world. I probably need a vacation.

Rachel Maddow was utterly charming on The Colbert Report last night. I thought, I could totally be friends with her. Her show is just not my thing. But I do admire her and appreciate that she has her own show and that everyone loves her. She is way smarter than I am. She loves what she does and it shows. I would like to emanate that somehow, too.

When I came home, there was a bouquet of red roses on my desk. Boy, did I emanate. There's nothing like a bouquet of flowers to put me in a great mood. That TG is some charmer. This bouquet means a lot because TG doesn't believe in giving flowers since they die, so why spend the money. A plastic toy Cupid launcher is far more valuable. Isn't he sweet?
48 hours until Skyfall.

3 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

I agree RE: Rachel. A sheer delight. I'd love to have her over for cocktails for dinner. I'm in awe of her gift for articulating well thought out, organized and justified thoughts. But her show gets annoying. Once again, on the same Dish page.

Anonymous said...

We are all on the same Dish page, although I do know people who are Rachel cultists.

Dish said...

I also know those who think she's the cat's bandanna.