Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Had a Dream...ABOUT OBAMA!

I've been conflicted about my vote. I mostly hate people telling me WHO I HAVE to vote for. Like it's obvious to me since it's obvious to them and let's ignore all the bad things that happened in this campaign. I've hated the hate on both sides. My righteous yet eternally defeatist party has become more hate-filled in the last eight years (who can blame us) so the choice hasn't been obvious to me. I hate being bombarded on the street by people who say my vote should be obvious. Don't tell me not to live just sit and putter, suckas.

I went to bed worried about getting up in time for my flu shot. [insert dreamy haze] While knitting an afghan, Dish watched Obama tend to his grandmother. He seemed content but worried. Suddenly, I started talking about the election, what I thought about everything. "That's fine, Ginger. You're entitled to think," he responded. "But right now, I'm taking care of my grandmother." (Sweet! He called me Ginger. That is so my fantasy stripper name.) Don't know why, but I woke up happy. I'm still conflicted, but I hope more subtle signs (not the screaming in my ear) like this lead me to a rational choice in the voting booth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate hate. Hate is hateful.

I totally un-hate YOU!

Anonymous said...

He's only 1 year older than I.

Dish said...

I un-hate you too, sweetness. How lucky are we?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your support, Dish!

Dish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dish said...

Better late than never, right? It took a village.