Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hot Daddy Donald and Jonesing for Jill

Dish is hyped for Dirty Sexy Money, where Donald Sutherland brings back sexy to TV. He is hot hot hot and no one's voice turns Dish into a puddle faster (well, there is one voice). With Mercury in Retrograde, my computer and I-Pod freaking out faster than me on a plane nestled between two screaming kids (I love kids just not on a plane), I'm so into tonight's premiere.

But you know, I'd like to gush about Jill Clayburg. Her singing warmed me through middle school when I played "Kind of Woman" from Pippin over and over. In my callback for the part of Ado Annie in Oklahoma, I sang that song. Wrong key for Dish and I lost the part to skinny blond Denise (who was sorta perfect, actually) but I treasure Jill. She brings life to all her roles, yes, even as the mother in Fools Rush In. I remember her sauntering around in her underwear in An Unmarried Woman, loving her husband who had just cheated on her. She gets through the divorce and finds herself fabulous without the mans. She is beautiful and talented--by no means everyday or customary. Just your average ideal.

ps. Plus, if Jill's pointy nose got into a swordfight with Kate Walsh's pointy nose, Jill wouldn't totally kick Kate's Private Practice butt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like J, check out "Luna." Scary J.

Dish said...

Will do! The scarier the better!