Saturday, October 11, 2008

Uma Thurman Is Brilliant

On a tip from Dish-brother, I watched Hysterical Blindness. Uma and I have had a rocky relationship because she's so tall and beautiful, was the babe who stole my high school crushes, is nearly my age, rich, gorgeous, and a moviestar. But that envy went out the window when she married Ethan Hawke. And she's been off my radar until now. Uma is freaking amazing in this flick and she rendered me uncomfortable throughout. Every girl can identify with her character's desperation. Juliette Lewis and Gena Rowlands also landed fabulous performances. It's well worth a rent and will make your shrine to Uma shine that much more. Ooops, didn't she just deal with that horrible stalker? I didn't mean shrine or anything stalkerish. I simply want everyone to rejoice in her talent.

In other news, a sighting: last night Dish, Dish-brother, Dish-brother-step, and Dish-brother-step-wife were crossing 13th and Greenwich Ave at about 9 pm when we saw Dean Winters (Real name? Sounds a little fake to me) whistling for a cab. I had no idea who he was since I haven't watched Oz. But he's a celeb so now I'll do extensive research...

2 comments:

John Haracopos said...

Did I ever tell you about the time Peter & I ran into Uma at The Raleigh Hotel in Miami? (They met during the filming of "The Producers") She was a guest for a long weekend during our stay and we spent some quality time poolside with her for 2 days. She is a complete DOLL & truly genuine, We Heart Uma Big Time!!

Dish said...

That is an excellent anecdote.