Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Epiphanies and Gala Apples

ExBF16 passed on a love for Gala apples to me. Like soup, apples seemed like BS. Then over the holidays, I tried to combat my sugar addiction with apples. Why not try the apple my ex ate? It was a healthy yet warped way to bond with the past. Now I understand: Galas are delicious. If Superman and I break up, I'm sure I'll start drinking fruity alcohol and chewing straws.

New subject: Al Franken in politics--I'm enjoying this. Forty-one years ago, as I walked through an Albuquerque chain, I noticed he'd written a book with a political slant. How fun to see a passionate person go from entertainment to public service (though they are kinda the same thing).

And now, Dish will relax with A Fish Called Wanda. Superman approved my choice, though it's a little too fast for him. While a brilliant superhero with Good Will Hunting/A Beautiful Mind brain freakiness, he prefers obviousness over subtlety. This isn't surprising since Superman wore red tights. If that's not obvious, I don't know what is.

No comments: