Thursday, January 15, 2009

Let the Right One In

If you attended last night's 8pm showing of Let The Right One In at the Angelika and saw a scared sh*tless woman dashing out in the middle, 'twas Dish. Who knew I was petrified of 12 y.o. girl vampires? The swedish thriller seemed fantastic but I'm still psychologically damaged. Will totally Netflix it.

Onto lighter thoughts, I couldn't avoid rubbernecking another episode of Rock of Love, where the babes competed for Brett's love by dry humping him. I realized: Brett Michaels may be a sad hasbeen, but he's brilliant, just like Jerry Springer.

You wanna know who else is brilliant? Gisele Bunchen. Years ago, I wondered: what's this plain girl doing on so many covers? On talk shows, I saw a little of her sparkle and her VS commercials were kinda hot. She has her own troubles, I'm sure, especially since Leo didn't bring her to the Oscars until right before they broke up. I'd have been pissed! She moved on to an athlete (much better to go with a businessman with a longer shelf life) and he seemed to lag in his career and had another babymama. Then over the holidays came the big announcement that they'd gotten engaged, complete with romantic scene on an airplane with flowers and champagne (like that ever happens). Dish thinks: Gisele leaked this faux-engagement story. It made Tom look stupid and lame for not proposing. Soon after, he did propose. Supposedly...

Dish might be totally cynical, of course. Love must exist in star circles, otherwise we're all screwed.

No comments: