Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration is the new Ambien

There's nothing Dish wouldn't do for an Obama inauguration ticket, especially since I'd love to inappropriately touch the stars. Also, my favorite new celeb, Captain Sully, will be present. But as I watch coverage with Dishmama, catch glimpses of last night's concert, all I can say is: Boring McVomit.

If I have to witness another meaningful gathering where Beyonce, U2, Bruce Springsteen, and Sherryl Crow sing to "raise awareness," my cookies are spewing from every direction. I don't need to see Denzel, Tom Hanks or George Clooney gaze meaningfully into the sunset--a private moment caught unawares. Here's my idea of a concert worthy of Obama:

He can have two politically correct artists: The Dave Matthews Band, then Sting with his mandolin.

But after, bring on Prince who would rock the mall with "Let's Go Crazy," all while rhythmically stroking his guitar. I want some Twisted Sister singing "We're Not Going to Take It." KISS would get their freak on with "Lick It Up," which of course refers to licking up the mess W. left. The final group would be Chic with "Good Times." And for those crybabies, I will grant you a Celine Dion with "New Day" or "I Drove All Night." Please, anything but the same old. I know Obama has it in him to bring the house down. I saw him dance on Ellen.

No comments: