Sunday, February 08, 2009

Bride Wars

The dinner between Superman and Dishmama went off without incident. S and I had competing acne breakouts and he spilled water over my place setting but that was it for drama.

Today, I tried to see He's Just Not That Into You. Sold out for the rest of the evening, even with the bad reviews. I dragged Dishbrother and Dishbrothersweetheart to see Bride Wars, starring promising actresses Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway. While the flick had no basis in reality and Kate should never do bangs again, I laughed a little. It was slightly Beaches with one bombastic character and her eager-to-please best friend--except no one died of cancer. Kate deals with weight issues (like Bette Midler) as Anne sports a string bean form with long black hair (like Barbara Hershey). Worth a Netflix rental if it's raining out, you want to eat a whole pan of brownies and have nowhere to go.

Favorite part: the preview of Julia Roberts's new movie with Clive Owen. I was so dazzled by Julia, I had to hold my brother's hand. Want desperately to be her best friend and I would get bangs if she asked me to....

No comments: