Friday, February 20, 2009

You Know It's Time To Turn Off the TV When...

...you can quote lines from Serendipity--the romantic comedy starring a strange-haired John Cusack and dainty Kate Beckinsale.

Scene setting: J and K skate in Central Park soon after meeting. I do that when I meet strange men in department stores and we fake-fight over cheesy gloves. We go get hot chocolate at Serendipity, then skate. So J and K exchange information, making themselves seem amazing when they probably pick their noses in secret (and eat it).

K: Favorite New York moment?
Pause as they sniff each other and take in the power of the glance.
J: This one's climbing the charts.

Okay, I might leave it on to see loveable John Corbis play a Fabio-esque version of Kenny G. Thank the Goddess for Kathy Griffin whom I'm seeing at MSG in an hour and a half! She rocks my world.

2 comments:

nici said...

I confess Cusack still gets me giddy...not as wound up as Jason Bateman, but it is close....1

Dish said...

Jason Bateman = HOT!!!