Friday, February 06, 2009

Here's Why I Could Totally Be The Duchess:

1. I wouldn't mind doing my wifely duty once a year with Ralph Fiennes.
2. Except for one instance of rape, moving his mistress (my ex best friend) into the house, and acting like it's my fault that I had two girls, Ralph would be the ideal husband: he doesn't talk much, his blazing eyes are mildly hot, he has money/title, he might die first and I'd already know He's Just Not That Into Me, i.e is a d*ckhead with ingredients listed outright.
3. The wigs alone are amazing.
4. If Ralph grosses me out, I could close my eyes and imagine...um...George Washington?
5. Seems to me drink was freeflowing in 1774 and Keira imbibed so much she set her hair on fire. If only she'd had an electric guitar and could bite the head of a rat, the scene would've been epic!

My favorite moment: Keira and Dominic double-act and should receive Oscars. Not only do they play Georgiana and Charles, but at a party, they pretend to be acquaintances (when they're secretly in love). Double the talent!

Poor Keira Knightley, though. She thinks LOVE conquers all in The Duchess. Whatever happened to marriage as a business arrangement? Marrying the one you love is so 50 years ago. If she were smart, she would have hidden her extramarital exploits, downed tons of port and collected the $$$. Oh dear, look how cynical Dish is. Bunnies and kittens bunnies and kittens bunnies and kittens...

No comments: