Sunday, February 01, 2009

More About Fat Boys

Once I thought about Hollywood fatness, I couldn't stop. What would happen if Jack Black, Seth Rogen and Kevin James lost weight? They'd be average, slightly peculiar geekazoids (the ones who never have sex in high school and are so filled with pent-up rage they wind up as movie producers and starlet breakers). In some ways, they sacrifice their health for their craft, just as women do. The more fat they wield and flop into pools, dousing tanners within half a mile, the more they can feed their families. Fat can be unsightly, but on these cats, it's cute, right? And it gets them laid in Shallow Hal, Knocked Up and Hitch. For serious lard, can we look at Tom Hanks since he stopped acting as much, and Liev Schreiber's post baby? The latter looked a little puffy in today's Post. Hmmm, if I were to watch the Super Bowl, I'd see litheness. Because football players are not fat. It's all muscle underneath those costumes.

Boys fat in talent and athleticism: Dish's kudos go to Nadal and Federer who played a punishing match in Australia. I was touched by Federer's tears, though my corazon belongs to Nadal.

No comments: