Thursday, February 05, 2009

Stop Hating, Women!

Shame on you, Faye Dunaway and Etta James, for dissing the younger women trying to create their own legends. You had your time as tootsies in the spotlight. Sure, I wouldn't be happy if Britney Spears played me in the story of my life, but I would let her do it and not be bitter (maybe a little, but I'd keep it to myself). Witness the latest catfight that makes women laughable in the public eye and brings us all down: Faye Dunaway said they should have cast a "real actress" instead of Hillary Duff for the new Bonnie & Clyde movie. (Did anyone SEE Mommie Dearest?) Hillary should have taken the high road and praised Faye as an icon--she didn't. Etta is enraged that Beyonce sang HER song at the inauguration. Celine Dion also sang that song on her CD, New Day. I plan to dance to it at my wedding (that will take place in the Age of Hellfire). How could Etta be mad when she's often a solution in the New York Times crossword puzzle? True, I am more into listening to Duran Duran than Beyonce but Ms. B. did an amazing job. I don't blame wanting to grasp as much spotlight as possible (hello, blogging?) but, as Whitney Houston once said, I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.

On that note, I'm going to watch Ralph Fiennes act all constipated and Keira Knightley sport Louis XIV hairdos in The Duchess.

Ps. Dissing seems to be infectious! Stephen King just smacked around Stephenie Meyer, James Patterson, and Dean Koontz for being "terrible" writers. This from someone who writes 1,000 pages for what would be captivating (i.e. edited) prose at 400! That's the problem when you have no synopsis and just feel like filling up pages with "brilliant thoughts" (no one cares about). Oh wait, now Dish is dissing. (Loved On Writing, SK!). Never mind!

No comments: