Monday, January 31, 2011

Her Dress Was So Gorge I Am Going to Watch "The Good Wife"

SAG Awards:

I'll get egged for this but why does Betty White win an "actor" for that BAD show over Sofia and/or Jane Lynch? I love Betty (though the Betty trend of the last two years is getting old to Dish) but the writing on that show is atrocious to the point where not even Betty could make it as hysterical as Sofia or Jane. Lightbulb: Maybe the awards are about sentimentality rather than the "craft?" Betty deserves many SAGs (before they existed) for The Golden Girls and The Mary Tyler Moore Show--pure brilliance.

Either Tim Conway can't read a teleprompter or America doesn't understand him anymore. Morgan Freeman had to pave the way to Ernest Borgnine.

Loveliest: Juliana Margulies, Sofia Vergara, Nicole Kidman (though wanted to brush her hair), Helena Bonham Carter (for once, not weird--maybe a new, more interesting trend?)

Most Hideous: Christian Bale. I had to avert my eyes.

Other celeb news:

Denise Richards was right all along. She's keeping mum about all the Charlie stuff. I've loved her since her tasteful performance in Wild Thing.

An interesting tidbit on Page Six about Chelsea's husband leaving his job to hit the slopes for a few months. Smells like a mini-mid-life-crisis before middle age but I'll go with it. TG doesn't know this but I'm following Duran Duran on tour. For 1 year, I'm foregoing my responsibilities.

Speaking of The Clintons, just watched The Special Relationship. I wonder how much of it is real--such earnest Tony Blair--and how much malarkey. A mix of both? Hope Davis does an excellent Hillary. And you can never go wrong with Dennis Quaid.

4 comments:

John Haracopos said...

Juliana Margulies is GREAT on her BRILLIANT show! Have you really not been watching it??
At these award shows, is it too much to ask the set designers to put a rail on the stairs for the fragile to grab on to???? WTF?? I hope one of these set designers falls on their face and breaks all their teeth in half!!! & how about moving the teleprompter closer??
How could you look away from the most delicious & tasty Christian Bale?? Your taste meter must be broken since TG married your ass....

Dish said...

Christian Bale looked like a pale, sweaty crack whore. I'm sorry.

DBSK said...

Sofia Vergara looked like a real life Jessica Rabbit. Voluptuous and beautiful.

Dish said...

Her pompoms were busting out. And to think, she almost married Tom Cruise!