Friday, January 07, 2011

My Last Weekend as Miss Dish Pennybottom

By some weird stroke of fate, I am alone this weekend. Me-time is not as much fun as it used to be but I persevere with couch potato sloth and lethargic trips to the coffee shop downstairs. Little is accomplished as I go from one activity to the next. TBS is having a wedding movie weekend and this will sustain me until TG gets home.

So, Jane Krakowski is pregnant, giving me hope that I might get knocked up someday. Though I guess knocked up isn't the right term. My lifelong dream of going to the office, pregnant and single, i.e. an abomination, will never happen. I'll leave that to some other brave soul. I had my chance!

All My Children's Rebecca Budig is about to walk down the aisle for the third time. Who is she? The irrepressible Greenleaf on AMC, part bad girl, part misunderstood, part-ex-wife of The Bachelor circa a long time ago. A little minutia goes a long way, kids. This celebrity database is fierce (and no, TG, I did not take an Ambien).

Brad Pitt is in talks to play John Lennon, which to Dish, is a disaster. I can see it but I'd rather Billy Crudup or someone meatier play this one. Though why not keep going for the Oscar?

Just when things couldn't get worse for Katie Holmes's career (and I do hope she has one because she *did* do some decent work BTC), The Kennedys miniseries was axed by the History Channel. Phew. Now this "history" channel can focus on its manly flood of World War II shows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it, Dish.

HersheyKiss said...

Seconded. Enjoy the time alone ... you will long for it in a decade or so!! Don't even get me started on the renovations taking place at Hershey Manor during what's supposed to be Hershey-Time-for-Professional-Development, heretofore known as HTPD. Morale of the story: enjoy the down time. And ... eegads, only one more week!!!!!!

Dish said...

I'm enjoying it! Watching The Craigslist Killer and thinking this could be a wedding movie...