Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Could Be Better

Maybe stars are dumb to begin with. Most of them haven't gone to college. They have spiritual transformations in public and "find themselves" in diabolical or facile ways. Can they say anything original? George Clooney can pulls funny lines from his butt, so he's off The List. But then came nice, talented Jamie Lee Curtis, who is great in A Fish Called Wanda and True Lies. She was on television to promote her book and I was shocked at my negative reaction over her tough-woman self-righteous crap about loving yourself, how words are important, and plastic surgery is bad. For once, I would love to see a celebrity sit on Oprah's chair and just say, "I don't know what I'm doing and I'm a moron. Everything I do seems pointless, my face is falling and as I get older, my bowel movements have become a daily curiosity, reminding me of my grandparents." Ashton Kitchen was on Regis and Kelly and kept saying, "You know" to the point where I felt shame.

As if I could do better.

No comments: