Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Indie Manhattan Malaise

It seems that every indie movie set in Manhattan is really depressing. Or maybe because Heather Graham seems to star in all of them. I loved her in Boogie Nights, but Adrift in Manhattan is exactly what its title suggests. I felt bad for everyone and I already feel bad. There are interesting character studies but I wanted to give each a hit of Zoloft--not that I have any for myself.

And if I can complain some more, I'm irritated by the random Brit/Scot/Irish person on soaps. They are usually just so full of themselves with their sexy accents. Like Aidan and Seth (I think that's his name, he's kinda beefy and has the shaggy hair going) on All My Children, Duke and Anna Lavery and Jax (wtf kind of name is that?) on GH. I hate them and the soap's attempts to infuse Hugh Grant in these small town yet affluent bumblebutt communities. Oh god, did I just say this? I should be killed. Maybe it would even things up if they had me on where I could do my best Rochester, New York accent. Now that's sexy.

No comments: