Sunday, May 04, 2008

It's All About Julia

I waited for a sign. As I slugged my now bony body on the treadmill, it came to me. Mona Lisa Smile, the movie Julia made right after she married Danny Moder, her hot cameraman true love. It's part of a series of "serious" movies Julia has made. Though a period piece from the 50s, Julia has the same way of speaking, same hair, but I accept it. Who could perfect an accent when in love? So, this afternoon, as I work, I am also watching Runaway Bride, made during a prolific romantic comedy time when she was boinking Benjamin Bratt.

Teacher movies kinda suck. Everyone seems to make one: Denzel, Michelle Pffff, Matthew Perry, Hillary Swank, Tom Berenger, Sidney Poitier, Edward James Olmos, Richard Dreffff. Isn't there one where the teachers don't care? Because if you sit in an authentic teachers lounge, aside from those who do care, some are fast food teachers, some want to shove little ones off a cliff, some are reliving screwed up adolescence, some see it as a tedious step to college teaching, and others need their meds real bad. Though I had some amazing teachers and taught for six years.

Teaching aside: I wish Julia would make another dippy romantic comedy, one where there is no lesson or greater meaning. I cast her with someone cool...like, oh, I can't say who I really want. What about Julia and Keanu? That would be like looking at the sun.

In personal news, my hairperson John called me the C word and insisted that I was having a 40th birthday party this year, even though I cancelled it.

No comments: