Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dark Nights

During these dark nights, Dish likes to spend time with her good friends, Scotch and Dark Chocolate. It's the ideal amuse-bouche for The Dark Knight, which Dish just saw. Review: Too Freaking Long. Not enough cool Batman antics. Heath had the best lines, moments, but was a mite cliche-crazy. I still enjoyed it, loved everyone in it--and by everyone, I mean Michael Caine whose claims on my heart remain ironclad. Heath's portrayal of this hideous villain only made him more sexy to me--the green hair, the purple suit, poorly applied lipstick, what a hunka hunka. I'd smear his makeup and let him freak me out anyday. It's so sad to think such talent is gone. I hope he gets the Oscar for this (but really it would be for Brokeback Mountain).

As for the Batman, I used to fantasize about someone making up a "Batman" dance. I mean, the costume is ripe for excellent club moves, with horns darting, cape swirling, mysterious identity. Just a thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Batman dance exists and goes back to Adam West days. I'll show it to you some day.

Dish said...

Excellent! I thought I remembered something. And isn't there a song to go with it?

I'm so wearing a costume the next time I go clubbing (which is never).