Saturday, August 16, 2008

WTF?

I just watched I'm Not There and it's brilliant (read: I have no idea what any of it meant). Great performances and layers of narrative. My formal education stopped in 1997 and I only understand pee pee ca ca jokes. But I get the sense the movie is amazing. It's another Heath Ledger performance that makes me wish he were alive. Why did Jesus take him? Oh wait...if Jesus was thinking what I think about when I see Heath Ledger...

According to the movie poster, I'm Not There is about Bob Dylan--or things related to Bob Dylan. I never got his appeal (like the Grateful Dead). My mother liked him, though made a passing comment that he beat his wife. I was eight so I've lived in fear of Dylan ever since. Great musician -- maybe beat his wife. He doesn't really sing either. He kinda whines, a little like Tom Petty, who I also never got (and who has big teeth like Hillary Swank and Julia Stiles). Never mind, I'm blaspheming. You're not allowed to speak ill of certain icons (especially Jesus who really did make a mistake for taking Heath even though he was doing a lot of blow).

ps. For those offended, don't worry: Yay Jesus, Dylan, Petty, the Dead, Pink Floyd, Springsteen, Bono, Sting, Obama!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you made that last comment. I forgive you.

Dish said...

I've heard so many good things about you, Jesus, so yay to you again! I'm not exactly Christian but my sense is that you were awesome.