Monday, August 25, 2008

Too Much TV on My Hands

What to watch? Tennis, the Dem Convention, The Closer and The Hills? I'm leaning toward tennis since I'm not over Hillary's defeat (I still heart you, Hills, and will do whatever you say!) and everyone wanting her to go home and keep her mouth shut. The Closer hasn't lit my fire this season and I vowed never to watch The Hills again. Yah, we'll see how long that lasts.

My goal: to watch EVERYTHING. My eyes will develop eyes. My fingers will roam over the remote like Apollo Anton Ohno glides around a rink. As Michelle Obama--who I kinda heart--delivers her "groundbreaking" speech, I'll flip to James Blake slapping Doug Johnson silly on the court. Brenda, Fritz, Heidi Montag, Ekaterina Tennisaceski...--same diff. It's a satisfying reward to my delivering Breakup Speech #1 to Mini-Tom this afternoon. Usually, it takes me about five speeches to cut the cord but Mini has the message that I live with a ghost in my head and my love for another hinders my ability to move on romantically. That's true, but there's also Wonder Boy in the wings. He's unemployed (but has interviews), homeless (but owns a house) yet gorgeous. Smells like a Super-Scheister but beauty is all Dish cares about.

No comments: