Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Mad Dash


Re: Rachael Ray's cooking show. Ya know, I kinda like her--except for the whole "yummo" thing--but her dishes seem like a one-way ticket to diarrhea-town. She makes food preparation look easy and I enjoy her roundness. And yet, my intestines bunch up in dread over oily grilled sausage, surrounded by marinated, oily, garlicky eggplant, etc...

Speaking of dread, never ever ever watch Mad Money. I only got through twenty minutes. It is a gross misuse of talented actresses. Even Diane Keaton and Queen Latifah can't polish this cat-sh*t. Sadly, too, my once adored Katie Holmes begins to show an awareness of the camera matched only by her husband (except in Jerry Maguire and Lions for Lambs where he's fab!). Her character is perky and dim, tall and misunderstood. I was so bored and outraged, I couldn't finish my ironing. Truly a cinematic suck-fest.

No comments: