Thursday, April 16, 2009

Boyle Me Over

I'll rehash what everyone is talking about: the marvel that is Susan Boyle. During Dish's bad week, I kept seeing this frizzy haired woman (who needed a huge eyebrow tweeze) on a Simon Cowell show. Then this morning, I succumbed to curiosity and played the snippet. Soon after she started singing, tears spilled down my cheeks (though this often happens when I'm sleep deprived). Not many people can make Simon Cowell smile like that. She was otherwordly, with the kind of confidence formed from spending a LOT of time in her own skin, pushing past the endless stream of crap, and just waiting for her moment. I hope the rest of her life is spent singing and in the spotlight (however she wants that to happen). My fear is that media scrutiny will pressure her into tweezing those eyebrows, getting a facelift and liposuction. Her luster would be lost if she changed anything. Okay, maybe just the eyebrow tweeze. She is just perfect. Brenda Blethyn or Shirley Valentine in the movie version? No wait, this is Hollywood. It would be Madonna.

No comments: