Sunday, April 05, 2009

Star Sighting

3:05 pm, b/w 18th and 19th and 8th Avenue: Supreme OMP Harrison Ford on the street. He wore a blue shirt, sunglasses, and flashed a smile at someone. He's such a stalker. This is the third time I've seen him in ten years. He used to live in my neighborhood uptown, now come to hear he's in Chelsea, a block from Dish! Well, I would let him make me breakfast (even though he could be my father).

So, Dish has a big announcement: Saw Duplicity today and must assert that JULIA HAS NOT HAD WORK DONE. My sources were faulty. Girlfriend just wore freaky eyeliner, which can make that area look strange. In the opening scene, her face is suspect but I blame it on bright lighting, false eyelashes and her profile. It's the same face as Charlie Wilson's War. Julia is gorgeous and makes 41 look sexy, romantic and full of possibility. My only criticism is that her hair is like ratty vines throughout. Was this on purpose? Hair is a topic in the film. When she pulls it neatly back, I can breathe again.

The movie itself is worth seeing, as long as you imagine Clive Owen is twenty pounds heavier. He has joined the Lollipop Guild with a huge head and stick figure body. A wonderful actor, he could still make me breakfast--as long as he ate some himself. The story itself forces the viewer to use his/her brain. If you're not used to this, go see the new Hannah Montana.

Lastly, Dish must confess a new obsession: Suze Orman. She's all over the place now that the recession is the new black. I love her bright personality, her reactions to callers, and her no-nonsense advice. She's a delight and I can't watch her enough.

3 comments:

John Haracopos said...

Did you know that Suze Orman is a big lesbo?? It's the thing I like most about her!!

Dish said...

I did know that. And I admit, I might have a girl-crush! She's fantastic.

Mel said...

I thought Clive was looking a bit thin as well. Give the boy a bagel or a doughnut to eat! :)