Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Star Sighting

6:25pm, 15th and 7th Avenue: Clad in my fat-ass jeans, I ambled down 7th Avenue with my black raincoat flitting with the wind like a superhero cape. For fear of running into exes, I glared at the ground until my nerve endings came to life. I looked up and noticed a big familiar bear bounding toward me. He was super-tall, super-boyish in a tee-shirt and hoodie--none other than Nuke Laloosh (aka Tim Robbins)! I felt instantly better about humanity. After he passed, I whipped out my cell phone to make a note to self. As I spoke to myself ("Just saw T.R. and he totally has a belly and I heart him!"), I turned and he was right behind me. No doubt mesmerized by my strange beauty, Tim Robbins was following me. I let him pass and made sure he wasn't following me by following him two blocks until he pulled a sneaky move to go into Chase. My only disappointment was seeing the barely-there hippie ponytail held by a lowly rubber band. Considering the breadth of TR's work and talent, I can forgive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very exciting. i can feel the thrill of tr, which must be complex given that he seems complex. thank you for that account.

John Haracopos said...

Have you seen this little film he made last year called "The Lucky Ones"?? It Is A Must See!!! Move To The Top Of Your Queue!!

Dish said...

I will definitely do that!