Friday, August 13, 2010

Hung

Hung didn't start out great. How many quirky, down-and-out characters turn to quirky side businesses and wind up on HBO? But the premise grew on me (ha ha) and, while I'm not waiting with baited breath, it's not as big a waste as True Blood. As I write this, I read that Thomas Jane and Patricia Arquette have split yet again.

In the meantime, am awaiting reactions to Eat Pray Love. I'm starting to feel violent about the recklessness of taking a year off when most of us have to slave away to support ourselves. Sure, I'd love to take a year off. Maybe it's not literal. Starting tomorrow, I'll "take a year off" and travel to Italy, India and Bali in my mind. I won't need to take malaria pills.

With no segue, I'm highly irritated by the Geico spokesman, the one who was in the Ed Burns movies. I just want to hit him. That's the point, just as the irritating Optonline commercials stay in one's head for days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dish needs to read more Bovary's Way to rid her mind of irritating commercials.

DishBrother said...

Tried Hung. Got zzzzzzzzzzzz.........