Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today Is Special Why?

Because it's Edward Norton's birthday! Who is he? You might remember he acted in the serial-killer movie with Richard Gere, which launched his career as an Amazing Artist. When he did some writing AND acting AND dating hot babes like Courtney Love and Salma Hayek, he became HUGER. Along came more edgy, more selective, a failed Woody Allen movie, and Fight Club before fading a little. Fame is only two minutes long these days. I liked him in The Painted Veil, the movie version of W. Somerset Maugham's masterpiece (or Love in the Time of Cholera where Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber fell in love in real life!). He does that hesitant hero thing so well but I kinda get the feeling he's a tool in real life. I'm sure I'm wrong. The profilers of Criminal Minds would find my conclusions banal and based on a fourth grade education.

Speaking of tools, Jesse James is allegedly dating Kat Von D. Dish Von Skid thinks it would be funny to see their combined ink. Sandra is so over this.

Say halleluia that Dr. Laura is going off the air. An acquaintance once gave me a book of hers to read so that I would stop being a doormat. Since one self-help book cured me instantly, I thought she was a clever chick. Then all this nasty stuff came out of her mouth! That's why I kept my radio off to Dr. Laura ever since, though, of course, everyone has the right to an opinion. I feel that animals should not talk in movies.

No comments: