Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Will Never Doubt Meryl Streep Again...

She was so good in The Iron Lady I could barely breathe. I tried to picture myself doing what she does. I couldn't. She created so many layers to Margaret Thatcher, both Dishmama and I thought we were watching Thatcher herself. She is that good. If she doesn't win the Oscar, they are just wrong. While I wouldn't say The Iron Lady is Best Picture or that the humanizing of Thatcher contained subtlety, Streep is magnificent and I remembered so much of the history in the movie. Though no Duran Duran references, which vexed me greatly. Whoever did the costumes should also win an Oscar.

The big news this weekend and another sign of the apocalypse: The one woman that frightens Dish more than real animals digitized to talk: Heidi Klum is set to file for divorce from Seal. What went wrong? I don't understand. I thought they made beautiful music together.

Latest obsession: Downton Abbey, which revives old girl crush on Elizabeth McGovern and ignites a new deep love for the honorable Bates. No need for TG to be jealous as Bates could be my uncle.

No comments: