Monday, January 30, 2012

Step Back, Maggie. Shirl Is Comin' to Downton!

Did you hear the shriek of ecstasy in Manhattan's financial district? That was Dish reading that Shirley MacLaine is joining the cast of Downton Abbey, the sensation that's sweeping this anglophile nation. She and Maggie and Elizabeth--there are no words. I'm verklempt!

Re SAGs: Well, my picks were wrong, mostly because I forgot that the stars are all about: Craft and Political Correctness. Do not reward projects about or containing: drugs, bad people, actresses with huge boobs, frivolity, serial killing (unless actor is enduring strife in real life). And always give the award to Betty White. I saw 95% of the movies/TV, am obsessed with all the nominees. I just didn't agree. But then, awards are just gravy to excellent work.

SAG observations:

Who looked really pissed to be there: Angelina Jolie, Armie Hammer
Gorgeous: Viola Davis (I cried when she won, even though I thought Michelle or Meryl would--Viola is a goddess), Glenn Close, Michelle Williams and Sofia Vergara (the new Susan Lucci of award shows), Jane Lynch!
Angelina talking to Tilda Swinton at the end--what was that about?

The latest:

Mary Hamer "resigns" from the Joran van der Sloot case. Anderson crying over potential loss of ratings.

Elton John is my hero! I love his bitchiness. He says he hopes Madonna lip syncs "good" at the Superbowl halftime show.

Biggest news: Get your DVRs ready. Dish and TG will be on TV, on Valentine's Day! More details next week!

1 comment:

HersheyKiss said...

DVR is ready to go. I await further instructions!