Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dish's Stance on Health Care

Today was the big vote on Health Care, an issue that has lingered like a wet cat fart. As a campaign issue, Obama's better health care seemed so exciting. He did a great job of making Hillary, W. and everyone before him seem incompetent. Health care has been debated to the point where a paltry compromise has been reached. Most important, it's sad to me that not everyone can get a prescription for Ativan and Xanax; those in lower income brackets need these drugs the most. Even great healers, like House and Nurse Jackie, need drugs, and my nurse friend says medical professionals get crappy care. I'm with the liberals on this issue, casting my vote for the public option since experiencing it for a few years in France--the only country that diagnosed my (minor) heart problem, fixed my diet and cured all sorts of ailments without fanfare or great expense. Here, I pay far too much for a dermatologist to look at the freckles on my ass. And I am insured.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't we have an image of those freckles? Or are they scary? Thank you for that overview, however. It was enlightening, like a colonoscopy.