Monday, March 22, 2010

I Think Keanu Might Have Had a Face Lift

Rent The Private Lives of Pippa Lee directed by Rebecca Miller. Keanu is "35." No amount of "diet and exercise" can make him shed 10 years so easily (wonder how loud I will laugh in theater if Julia is "34" in Eat Pray Love). It's a little spooky how waxy Keanu looks but I applaud his performance. He could have done much more sh*t in his career and he chooses a variety of roles. Long live Keanu even if his face is smooth and tight.

Dish made a little faux pas, which I'm now publicizing. In the movie, I thought Alan Arkin's first wife was played by a pulled and stuffed Isabelle Adjani. Turns out, it was Monica Bellucci, who is too gorgeous for this earth. It would have been sooo awkward to cast Isabelle since she doinked Daniel Day Lewis in his prime, bore their love child Gabriel Kane, then he went off and married the writer/director Rebecca. Talk about Bruce/Ashton/Demi. Crisis averted!

Bottom line: I love it when Robin Wright Penn works (and that she STETs the lines in her forehead). It's a nice reward for marriage with Sean Penn. I hope she pulls a Nicole Kidman and wins an Oscar now they're divorcing. Her household will be far more hygienic. Though I love Sean Penn, too.

No comments: