Friday, March 19, 2010

En Route

Dish is a spastic traveler. As I waited to board my plane, I realized I'd packed my DVD player but no DVDs. Quickly, I ran to an airport entertainment center and grabbed Wimbledon. I might already own it, which scares me. Why would I buy it even once, much less twice? I finished the tennis flick on the first leg of my journey. Did I mention I left my cell phone in the airport? And God forbid I go through two seconds in the air without entertainment. In Atlanta, after buying 30$ worth of beverages and food I wouldn't consume, I darted to another entertainment center, where I snatched Law Abiding Citizen, starring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler at twice the normal price. I enjoy explosions and revenge stories and the cashier seemed sad that I was poised to purchase Did You Hear About the Morgans? You'll be relieved to know my seat-mate chatted endlessly about his turning 21 all the way to Pensacola. I asked his opinion about the Sandra Bullock/Jesse James issue and he didn't know who they were. Some people live under rocks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rocks, indeed! Sandy/Jesse is THE story right now.

Anonymous said...

Dish sounds very scattered. Could she give us an update on health care reform?

Dish said...

Done!