Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Neck Is Getting Wrinkly From Age But Whatever

Dish went to her secret cave to view Law-Abiding Citizen starring Oscar winner Jaime Fox and beer-soaked Gerard Butler. I heart revenge stories and this is a doozy. When Gerard loses his wife and daughter (hee hee, we know in real life he's a childless gigolo!) and the murderers get off (not in the good way), he gets piiisssseeeeeddddd! You know, Gerard is a talented actor. He's fallen prey to Jude Law syndrome, i.e. doing a sh*tload of sub-standard movies in one year. Dish thoroughly enjoyed the flick but it's no Citizen Kane (although, not my very favorite). Rent LAC if you like seeing justice served illegally. Then rent The Brave One, which is far better. (GB does show abs in one scene.)

So...my biggest news of all is that: Gale Harold wrote to me. It's like a dream come true and I'm pretending it wasn't a mass email. Gale didn't sign the email "Love, Gale" but just a simple "Thank You," which could be construed as "love" if you really think about it. Most of all, he wanted to make sure that I voted for Fay Ann Lee for the White House Project's Emerging Artist Award. You should vote for her too, though Dish feels she's already emerged. http://www.thewhitehouseproject.org/epic/emerging_artist.php

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dish,

I know this isn't your field, but I respect your opinion and love your blog.

My husband and I recently split up. Our 12 year old son, Seth, has been especially hard hit by our break up and he has become quiet and introverted. For his upcoming birthday he has asked his father for a hamster and he has asked me for a set of stainless steel dental tools and an Xacto knife set. I noticed a small jar of either in is underwear drawer this morning.

Seth's Dad says this is all normal for a 12 year old boy, but I know all his Dad cares about these days is banging his "new" 18 year old biker chick that he left Sethy and me for.

Your thoughts?

Upset in Phoenix

Dish said...

Dear Upset,

I'm sorry you married the wrong man and gave birth to Satan.

Hearts,
Dish
ps. TGbrother, is that you?

Anonymous said...

Everyone wants Dish's advice. Please have an advice blog also. There are a lot of people out there who need help, as you know. Sandra should write!