Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Duran Duran Deserves an Oscar!

Dish listened to the Oscar picks podcast between Nick Rhodes and Katy (Duran Duran goddess). Must note: Nick hates the idea of seeing The Blind Side and Julie & Julia. He's a bit of a snooty-mcsnoot but I agree about The Blind Side, which seems nauseating. Nick seems to hate Sandra Bullock. Dish loves her in interviews but less so in movies. I wouldn't mind her winning an Oscar since it's really about who's prettiest. Reminds me a little of my feelings about Julia winning for Erin Brockovich, which I didn't think was so hot. I would never keep an Oscar from Julia but it does seem as if movie-of-the-week performances can win Oscars. I can't believe I said that out loud.

Nick thinks Jeff Bridges should have won an Oscar for Tucker. HA! What about American Heart!? He was also excellent in The Mirror Has Two Faces.

No comments: