Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Suing the Babies

Lindsay Lohan is suing eTrade for their commercial depicting a baby "Lindsay" as a "milkaholic." She's asserting this is a reference to her and while her lawyers will have a whale of a time proving it, she has a point! ETrade could have chosen "Julie" or "Roxie" but the reason why the joke works is because of Lohan's drunkenness of the last five years. I hope she wins tons of money because I hate those commercials.

FYI--I'm very sick of Mo'Nique.

Ps. Gerald Butler and Madonna were grinding on the dance floor at an Oscar party. No surprise. When you see Madonna, what else do you do? Even though he needs a bath and her cheek implants frighten me, they make a hot couple.

2 comments:

John Haracopos said...

When I saw the ETrade commercial in question, I thought it clever- I don't think that Miss Lohan has "One Name Recognition" but I do think that the advertisement referenced her by using one name; that's what made it clever!!! Good Advertising!!!
What The Fuck Is ETrade???

Dish said...

No, she's not a one-name but it's totally a reference to her. It's funny not only because of the baby but because it's "Lindsay" who's a milkaholic. Lindsay is NOT a hugely common name yet that's what eTrade is claiming. I think she has a legitimate beef but it's going to be impossible to prove.