Monday, March 23, 2009

Generosity

In my efforts to conjure Julia, I rewatched America's Sweethearts, an amusing and tawdry Hollywood farce. Former fatty and sister's assistant, Julia beams and helps everyone. Chaos ensues when she boinks her ex-bro-in-law played by John Cusack. Her character had lost sixty pounds--making her boinkable, thank goodness--but she didn't shed her niceness. This past weekend, I lost five pounds due to stress anorexia but I bought myself a Carvel ice cream cake and I'm on a mission. Life isn't normal if I don't have visible panty lines obscurring someone's aesthetic ideal.

During the flick, John keeps repeating what he's grateful for. I'm grateful that I had enough manners (which some superheroes lack) to help a young woman put her heavy suitcase on the overhead rack, even though I threw out my back. I'm also grateful for my family and friends who are nothing but kind and supportive.

No comments: