Saturday, March 07, 2009

Sign Me Up

It was an accident. The TV was on and I spent the evening giving myself brain damage. I blame three hours of sleep and too many hours working. First The Real Housewives of New York -- all annoying and mean except for Bethany -- corrupted my youth. Then I got hooked on Millionaire Matchmaker. Before tonight, I'd refused to watch because of Yenta's Cher hair and distracting cleavage. Now I'm a convert. That woman is no BS about getting people together. I don't want her to set me up, but I wouldn't mind shadowing her. To top it off, a Save the Children sort of commercial aired starring a teary Laurie Metcalf begging for help. Flash to needy child crying over his murdered parents. I am this close to ordering Superman to bring us back a baby from Ethiopia. Damn you, Laurie, for pulling at my heartstrings!

No comments: