Friday, March 06, 2009

I See Dead People

Ghost Town: I waited for Ricky Gervais to leap out of his skin. He cackled once in his sleep. Gag reflex gag was funny the first time with the laxative (old people tell me how fun colonoscopies are--can't wait!). Of course, witty lines sailed past his deliciously crooked teeth and into cine-space, but not winningly enough to buckle my knees. Billy Campbell's caricature was fine though prefer when he's Mr. Nice Guy (Exception: he was fantastically creepy in Enough). Even Tea and that oversized dog couldn't save this script. Worst of all, Ricky and Tea didn't even kiss, much less shag. The best love story was the semi-Ghost-like communication between Tea and Greg Kinnear, who is so underrated along with Josh Brolin (and Tea) I could cry me a river.

Verdict: As with Evening, a brilliant cast but a script my cat hocked up behind the couch.
ps. Dish would gladly watch this again if it were on TV but will never admit it publicly!

No comments: