Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Love You, Man

Dish never wants to set foot in Albany again. Not just because Superman found a way to release my wrath but it's where I saw my last Paul Rudd/Jason Segal movie. I'm done with the boy-chick-flick. I Love You, Man wasn't that bad, but it didn't have the crazy funny lines of Judd Apatow movies. Rudd and Segal are patently adorable, the concept of a bromance is endearing, but execution was predictable. As Superman caulked his house, I also watched Nights at Rodanthe, which was equally predictable. Diane Lane's natural beauty is hypnotic as are her J Crew outfits. How often does one wear nice skirts while running a B&B? She put dinner together, always had perfect hair, and a charming self-deprecating attitude. Richard Gere couldn't help but fall in love right before he bit it in a mud-slide. But, yawn, you've seen this story five million times.

So this Sunday night, I'm trying to pick up the pieces of my strange, suddenly upended life. Brothers & Sisters is on and thank goodness Tommy is no longer on the show. Sally and the gang can move on. This is probably as good as it gets, though after many months of high flying, I was due a crash to earth.

2 comments:

John Haracopos said...

When you say Tommy is no longer on the show. Do you mean that Balthazar Getty has left the show for good?? Or is it that you hate the character as much as I do and it would be nice for him to be gone for a while??
Spill The Dish, I Need To Know!!! J.J.

Dish said...

Tommy is no longer on the show. Not sure why, but ever since he cheated on his wife with Sienna Miller, Balthazar's life has been in a downward spiral (if you believe the gossips) including his tenure on B&S. Word has it he was also a big diva on the set. Who knows? Maybe he's a little lamby as sweet and pure as the driven snow...