Friday, July 03, 2009

Booth Bay Harbor

My digs for the next week are palatial. The room is bigger than my apartment, which overlooks the bay. I'm in heaven. Where are the stars? Well, Sarah Palin resigned and Roddick beat Murray. These unexpected events seem related. Sarah doesn't want to deal with Alaska anymore and I don't blame her because it's a long-ass plane ride to the real fun: either to attend Michael Jackson's millionth public tribute or to see Roger Federer kick the holy crap out of Roddick at Wimbledon. What is our Sarah doing? Hibernating to read about foreign policy before launching a bid for the presidency? This is the movie montage where the candidate/jock/student goes underground to endure vigorous workouts with nasty/loveable mentor who whips him into shape for final showdown. I'm sure far more violent derision will come out over her dramatic decision than over South Carolina's governor leaving suddenly to boink that woman in Argentina and then cry about it like an ass on TV. I'll never vote for Palin, but at least she gave notice and isn't living in her underpants.

2 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

Enjoy Booth Bay Harbor! It's a lovely place, and I'm envious.

Dish said...

Wish you were here! It's really gorgeous!