Sunday, July 05, 2009

Wham Bam Grand Slam

Federer wins! I'm so happy he beat that little brat Roddick, I might just order one of those Netjets because Roger uses a private plane for all his flying and I want to support him in every way. I'll shave my legs with Gillette and maybe even knit his new baby a blanket and send it with my stalker care package. Just kidding.

Today, Dish got mani/pedi and listened to a sweet girl's love woes for an hour and a half. I kept wanting to say, "He's just not that into you..."* but she was only 21. It would have crushed her. She had big gray eyes, slathered in black eyeliner, the maturity and youthfulness of a too-young mother. Did her ex still want her even though they broke up right before their wedding and he kept coming over now and then but didn't want a relationship? I remember that circular speak when you don't understand what's happened, you repeat the story and steps leading to the breakup. Dish makes mistakes at 41 though I sorta think what's meant to be, etc... My beloved Dishmama thinks I shooed off Exbf18 but the truth is *. She's darling to fantasize that I might woo him back with delicious, hinty posts mentioning KISS, assuring Exbf18 that my regular commentators don't favor my gender for romantic interludes. I don't blame her--he was painfully handsome and fun. In the grand scheme of things, though, I have candy in front of me, a jacuzzi 10 feet away and six days of nothing to do. I'm happy.

5 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

Most darling Dish: I have to respectfully disagree with Dishmama. It should not be possible to shoo anyone, nor is it possible to woo. They either have it or they don't, can take the heat in the kitchen or not, or the expression of your choice. You are spectacular and must never forget it. Anyone who cannot recognize that fact is not worth the effort.

Dish said...

That sounds right to me, too. If people want you around, they say something. Dishmama likes to see the positive in people, which inspires me a glass-half-empty person such as myself. Also, she enjoyed him (much more than others who'd been around longer). She is a delight. And so are you.

John Haracopos said...

J.J. agrees with HersheyKiss, TOTALLY!!!!! Put on a skirt and heels bitch, you hot!!!!!!
Okay, you know I don't do the sports thing but Federer? He hot, me like....

Dish said...

I will work it! But there are no hot people in Maine unless they are old and in my family. But the beauty of Maine is enough hotness for me. JJ, the only good thing about sports is seeing the muscle flexing of hot non-steroid using athletes. I find tennis is the best for this. There are pics of Federer with his shirt off which I'll try to remember to post.

kelly said...

Please, please, please remember.