Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, France!

Dish bemoans the fact that France's birthday takes away her thunder. On the morrow je will turn 41. I'm dreaming only of cake. I didn't want to do anything to celebrate, just mellow out with some Beef Chow Fun and Tropic Thunder, but Dishmama reminded me that my birthday isn't about me. It's about her.

On this day, everyone's abuzz over Sotomayor. I couldn't watch but here's what I think happened in the confirmation hearings:

Republican Senator: Will your being a proud latina influence your judging?
Sotomayor: No.
RS: Will having your periods make you biased?
S: It won't.
RS: Are you racist?
S: No.
RS: What makes you want to be a supreme court judge?
S: I saw Legally Blonde. I heart Luke Wilson!

What else is she going to say in her hearing? Unless she has a public party in her pants and invite them all to join, she's confirmed. I loved her blue jacket from yesterday.

Big news: Saw a pic of Penelope Cruz today and she looked pudgy. I almost Ex-ed out her face only because of her proximity to Javier Bardem but the fatness warmed my heart and made me feel good about my ass. She looks good with meat on her attractive Spanish bones.

Gerard Butler keeps cranking out the romantic comedies and carousing with every possible leading lady. In Dish's book, he's close to Retread (been everywhere, done everyone and looks worn) status. Wondering if he's still boozing. Yes, I'm in love with him kind of.

No comments: