Sunday, July 12, 2009

Not a Sham

At John Edward's MSG show today, I was wedged between two large members of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, except they were 100 pounds heavier, hacked swine flu on me and let their stinking feet hang over the seats in front of them. While I'd prepared myself mentally for a visit from the great beyond I knew JE wouldn't read for someone in the nosebleed seats. It's just as well since I haven't been too tormented by a loved one's death. Throughout the readings, I was shocked at how Edward kept giving particular details about Susie Smith's deceased father from Asshole Falls, over and over and over again for 2.5 hours. Either these people are excellent actors or he does see dead people. Someone would have come forward to declare him a charlatan. I enjoyed the message about appreciating your loved ones while they're still alive so that they wouldn't need to communicate through a medium--and that when you "cross over" you don't do it alone. He also mentioned looking at the year of coins you find on the street, which could be messages from loved ones (or, he said, people just dropping change). On my way to the show, I found a penny from 1984. What was Dish doing in 1984? Smoking Merits, flunking physics, managing (drooling over) the boys cross country team, failing to cultivate an eating disorder, and listening to Duran Duran. That is IT!

This show made me think of John Edwards the politician and how does John Edward the psychic feel about being linked with the narcissistic philanderer? A few years ago, when John Edwards was squeaky clean, he might've hated being linked to a psychic.

No comments: