Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dish Is Fantastically Bored

It's true. I have mountains of work. I always have work. There is no drama filling my belly with butterflies. As I fend off untrained new suitors that I'm not sure I want, I go through my routine. Read, coffee, clean, write, read, water, gym, lunch, read, movie/knit, water, email, read, dinner, movie/knit, sleep. I'm Buddha about chopping wood and carrying water and enjoy the simple things A LOT. This weekend, with four free days at my disposal, it's more of the same. I could stir up excitement by going out tonight to bother my boys but what would that accomplish? Maybe tomorrow... Definitely tomorrow since the twenty-somethings won't be filling my vision with short skirts, baseball caps and soccer jerseys.

For now, I have to report on JCVD, starring a weathered Jean-Claude Van Damme. You know, the little coke-addled bastard can act. He may have married five times (I'd ravage mountains of coke to get through that, too), survived the Hollywood shredder but he's landed on his feet, much like his main competitor Steven "I ate a buffalo" Seagal. Aged action stars are more interesting when craggy. I recommend this on a rainy day when you're feeling less than yourself and are open to something new.

2 comments:

md said...

Maybe it's because celebrities are so boring.

Dish said...

Uh...whatever, Madame Curie!