Thursday, July 23, 2009

What a Mad Man Wants

Dish made some ice for the first time in a couple years. I had cold drinks and dove into Mad Men, where Jon Please-Let-Me-Bear-Your-Child Hamm has a quiet mid-life crisis out in Los Angeles. He's so inexplicable and pleasant, and he gets to smoke on the plane. Remember when we were allowed to do that? Now you can't bring your own saliva on a flying vessel. At 15, Dish used to tell oblivious DishFather, "I have to sit in the smoking section of the plane because I don't want to be around screaming, vomiting children." But really it was so I could puff my Marlboros.

Re: things you suck into your lungs, I huffed oxygen while trudging my fifteen-minute mile and caught Steve Harvey on Tyra whoring out his book about how men think. I have it on hold at the library because I refuse to spend money on what John Gray, The Rules, He's Not That Into You and every other dating book say to women: Don't be a wuss, men respect you if you're ungettable, don't give up your "cookie" too soon. I never give anyone my cookies--especially the chocolate covered graham crackers from Starbucks!

No comments: