Saturday, July 04, 2009

Dish Can Take or Leave July 4th

The sun is setting on the water. I got some nature on my sneakers as I walked three miles along the bay. I'm taking pictures, wondering if it's really true: Are Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel breaking up? Why do my gay boyfriends love him? He's not hot at all. And I don't want someone saying "Damn, girl" to me all the time, someone who doesn't know what a prime number is, can't tell me the location of India on a map. I don't need to bring "sexy back." I want to bring back the idea of kindness/sticking around even when you're sick of each other at the end of the day. Then again, Justin might be funner. Maybe younger is better. Men my age haven't been a bag of monkeys. Usually, they want younger too but put up with my age because there's some life phase understanding. Okay, never mind about everything--gotta go see fireworks! And I couldn't give a rat's derriere about Justin/Jessica. They can do triple-axels off my ass. Well, as long as Justin keeps hosting SNL and Jessica stays out of movies (though enjoyed her in that Illusionist one for some reason).

2 comments:

HersheyKiss said...

The best I can muster about Justin's appeal is that he's positively adorable! He is talented but doesn't seem to take himself too seriously; he has a delightful twinkle in his eye and a smile that lights up the night sky; and he really seems to enjoy himself, regardless of what he's doing. I'm broken up about his breakup ... the temptation of a single Justin might be too great!

Dish said...

I guess you're right. And let's face it, I wouldn't kick Justin out of my lavender-scented bubblebath.