Friday, November 06, 2009

Friday's Happy and Lame Events

Dish hung herself out a building to watch the Yankee parade. I freak out in crowds, but usually enjoy myself amid panic (see Duran Duran concert postings 11/07, 3/08). This time was no different. The floats came by accompanied by roaring praise and chunks of confetti. Dish had a blast! Quite predictably, as I left to go home, I got the delayed shakes and avoided confined spaces like the subway. Power-walking soothes the beast.

To go with the happy, there is the LAME. Bill O'Reilly called the Fort Hood shooter a "rabid Muslim." I call Bill a flaming jackass. My prayers are with all the Muslims in America who have to deal with such idiocy in the U.S. For the record, I am a rabid Altoid sucker.

Just when I thought some good movies might be emerging, I was wrong. WTF is The Box starring Cameron Diaz? Who thought that one up? And please don't insult my intelligence with Clooney's goat staring. Quirky is not the new black anymore so go back to The Facts of Life. Why is Dish hating? It's because I watched an hour of Fox TV. Am about to detoxify with some blessed silence.

3 comments:

md said...

Hello from Istanbl. Did you see the Yankee celebrities from your viewing station? Describe, please. MD watched The Proposal on Turkish Airways and thought it was fun--unlike Dish who thought it lame. Well, Dish is far more sophisticated. Keep the commentary flowing.

Dish said...

Dishmama, come home!!!

HersheyKiss said...

Combining Cameron Diaz and "box" makes my tummy a touch upset. I have yet to find any trace of talent in that young woman and can't get over my perception that she does not bathe as frequently as she might.