Monday, November 23, 2009

Whaddya Want from Me?

Maybe Dish has high expectations but Adam disappointed me at the AMAs. It was inevitable and I still love him madly. Sure, there's now all this controversy over the crotch grabbing, oral sex simulation and same-sex making out, but for Dish, that's just another day in Chelsea and my constant Queer As Folk daydreams. That cheesy song "For Your Entertainment" shouldn't have happened and why make him dance? He's a SINGER. No longer can you stand there and just sing. "Whaddya Want from Me" is his better song and he could have done the duet with PINK which would have rendered viewers apoplectic. But no, it was all about other divas like Whitney (whose song blew the living daylights and you kinda got the feeling it was fake autobiographical with the "holding head high" through adversity when Dish says she kept the head low while sucking on the crack pipe--though I'm primed for her comeback), J.Lo (also lame but I love her in movies), Janet, Taylor Swift, and Lady Gaga whose bombastic performances we've now seen so often it's no longer edgy. The sad thing is that I've had "Bad Romance" in my head all day. That said, I might name my first-born Baby Gaga.

Dish shouldn't be so harsh but it's been a case of the Mondays.

No comments: