Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

The only allure for this one was Michael Douglas, who is inexplicably funny to me. Matthew McConaughey doesn't bathe and Jennifer Garner puts way too much collagen in her lips so it's difficult for me to watch them make out. Because they're mini-icons, visibly paired with others, the producers don't make them boink, which is a travesty for the viewer. Matthew doesn't even take off his shirt or reveal his abs--something we've all come to expect from him. He and Jen have a couple warm kisses, but it's about as much sexual chemistry as between Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock in Two Weeks Notice. My main beef is with the premise itself. Why does everyone have to be monogamous, married, or in love? Why did Matthew have to give up his man-whoring? Do we all have to be the same?

Long live the Brian Kinneys and Samantha Joneses of this world! (Not that I'm either of them, much as I've tried)

3 comments:

John Haracopos said...

You Haven't Tried To Be Brian Or Samantha! You Say You Have But You Haven't!! Wanna Impress Me? Put On A Skirt & Heels, Then Hike That Skirt Up Over Your Head And Squat On The Face Of Some Guy You Don't Know! Make Him Eat The Entire Dish; Don't Reciprocate Or Even Care To, Just Move On...

Anonymous said...

JJ is outrageous!

Dish said...

Gross! And I don't want to be them now, though I do love them.