Friday, January 15, 2010

Don't Get Huffy With Me

Someone pissed in my FB Friends' Cheerios because I've noticed so many more passive-aggressive status updates that criticize something I (and many others) have done in the last week, i.e. paid attention to the Conan/Leno debacle, revealed the color of my bra to raise breast cancer awareness or participated in a silly creative Mad Libs type of status update with female Friends. Passive-aggressive updates are a great way to diss your friends without having to do it to their faces. I appreciate this because I am a WASP. Confrontation is so dirty.

I apologize if my delving into celebrities is the wrong way to spend my time. I gave to the Red Cross, studied Latin for nine years, got an MA, knit an enormous blanket for teen cancer, rescued injured puppies and single-handedly brought them back to life, tried to go vegan but the gas nearly killed me, I read The New Yorker and I acted correctly by voting for Obama. I wore a fuscia bra today so sue me.

Speaking of which, 2 more days till the Golden Globes!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't know anyone who doesn't think that Ms. Dish is perfect, whatever the color of her bra.

dm said...

Is my daughter having a temper tantrum? Her temperament is usually so sunny and celebrity-like.

Anonymous said...

I love Dish.